We want you to feel bold, beautiful and confident in your skin.
Founded with vision of creating a fashion company with ethical and sustainable values at its core. Ethically made in Portugal and the UK using GOTS certified organic cotton, AmaElla produces timeless lingerie classics that are kinder to the skin, kinder to the environment and better for farmers and their communities.
We make sustainable underwear for you and the real world you live in. We invite you to help us redefine beauty and change shopping behaviours to safeguard our environment and ensure workers and farmers thrive. We want you to be part of our slow fashion journey, join in the ethical living conversation and help us in our mission. We know you care about your wellbeing, your look and your impact on the planet. That’s why we’ll always be honest about how our products are sourced and made. We will remind you that beauty is about self-love, realism, inclusivity and honesty. We will care for you by making lingerie with only the finest organic fibres offering you softness, versatility and comfort that never compromises on style.
We care about you, the planet and who makes your clothes. We’ll always be honest about how our ethical products are made sustainably and responsibly. Our lingerie is produced in small batches in a small family owned factory in Portugal near Coimbra. We have a slow fashion philosophy and make conscious decisions about how our products are made. Without hesitation we put ethics and sustainability before profits.
Our GOTS organic cotton used in nightwear and lingerie is free from:
– Formaldehyde: one of the most carcinogenic chemicals and related to skin reactions. Besides its health risks, it’s widely used to prevent clothes from wrinkling and shrinking.
– Aromatic solvents
– Functional nanoparticles
– Genetically modified organism (GMO)
– Chlorine bleaching
All chemical inputs in GOTS organic cotton (e.g. dyes, auxiliaries and process chemicals) are biodegradable, so they are safe for your skin and the environment.
Our OEKO-TEX Standard 100 components are free from:
– Several hundred of harmful chemicals including pesticides, carcinogenic colourants and heavy metals
– Legally banned and controlled substances (such as banned Azo colourants, formaldehyde, pentachlorophenol, cadmium, nickel, etc.)
– Any unwanted remaining substances. These substances usually come from chemicals used for fabric easy-care properties such as colour longevity, easy iron finishing, dimension stability, etc.