ROOTED IN PLANT SCIENCE.
Our products restore skin to balance through the sacred relationship between plants and people. The first touch envelops you in blossom, berry, bark, and root. Freshly made extracts offer a higher, more complete level of phytonutrients. We combine cutting edge chemistry with traditional herbal knowledge for the best of both worlds.
GROW TO LOVE YOUR SKIN.
We specialize in targeted care for demanding skin types. If you suffer from extremely sensitive skin, allergies, or other skin problems we can help. We have successfully helped thousands of people develop a happy relationship with their skin. It all begins with deep care that feeds you down to cells and spirit. You deserve to feel good about your skin.
BEAUTY IS AS BEAUTY DOES.
Blissoma is independently owned, independently managed, and vertically integrated. Step by step we have guided our own growth. No one else owns our integrity. We are passionate about creating products that are beneficial in every way. Every product in our collection is Cruelty-Free, Certified Vegan, made in-house, and represented with honesty and transparency.
“For every person there are the perfect plants – matches made in ancient times as we evolved alongside one another. This subtle, synergistic bond is a source of tremendous healing and my personal inspiration.” – JULIE, BLISSOMA FOUNDER & HERBAL CHEMIST
PROCESS IS IMPORTANT.
We do things a differently than most of the cosmetic industry. That makes a big difference for your skin. We purchase from local farms and extract our own herbs at customized potencies without heavy processing. Many skincare brands never mix a batch of their own product. Our processes yield more medicinal compounds from each plant and preserve them for you.
GENTLE IS GIANT TO US.
We don’t believe that beauty has to hurt. We know that the best results come from being so supportive to the body that it can’t help but thrive. Our products are made to be profoundly kind and compassionate to skin. Instead of scrubbing, poking, peeling we create space for your skin to find balance. When skin is balanced it looks its best.
SENSITIVE TO YOUR NEEDS.
Our recipes are made with special skin in mind, and we guide clients to their perfect products. Your skin will love that we never use petroleum ingredients, synthetic fragrance, nuts, or gluten in our products. We even know botanical allergens to better help our plant sensitive crew.
Blissoma products are made with nutritious, raw, whole plant extracts that offer concentrated nutrition to skin. Our botanicals are sourced from organic farms around the world and our formulas are biodegradable. We use sustainable, toxin-free preservation methods to protect your health and avoid skin irritation. Authenticity and honesty guide us daily in an industry of false faces.
FULL INGREDIENT DISCLOSURE GUARANTEE
All ingredients in our products are proudly declared on our website and on our products. We exceed FDA labeling requirements by declaring all preservatives for individual ingredients so that you can make intelligent decisions about what you choose to put on your body. Nothing is hidden.
What makes Blissoma a truly green and ecological company?
We try to approach the issue of ecology and sustainability from many angles and will always be working at improving.
• As of 2019 we get about 75-80% of our electricity from our own solar panels on our roof.
• Our ingredients are mostly organic. That means less pesticides and herbicides polluting the ground and waterways both during production of the base ingredients and when they are washed down the drain as you use them.
• Our products are all biodegradable.
• We are sourcing as many herbs as we can from independent, regenerative farms to reduce carbon in getting supplies to us, and also to assist with carbon sequestration. Regenerative farming puts more carbon back in the soil than regular organic farming. As of 2020 we have 4 such independent growers as suppliers and hope to grow that number more as time goes on.
• We use primarily recyclable, non toxic packaging components of glass and aluminum. Plastic is kept to an absolute minimum.
• Our boxes are printed on chipboard that comes from certified sustainably managed forests, and are easily recyclable.
• Our soy candle labels were printed on New Leaf 100% recycled paper stock.
• We have had our headquarters in two historic buildings over the years, and have renovated each of them using green and historically appropriate methods.
• We recycle boxes, packing paper, bubble wrap, peanuts and more in our shipping from anything that comes into our studio.
• We recycle both plastic and glass ingredient containers, reuse what we can adequately clean, print a minimum of office paper, and recycle office paper.
• We are a web based company and use a minimal amount of printed flyers and cards to promote our company, instead using our website as a primary resource.