The UK’s 1st Independently Certified Palm Oil-Free Company
We started Bloomtown out of our kitchen in 2016 after spending two years in Indonesia and witnessing first-hand the devastation caused by palm oil cultivation: the loss of virgin forest that is home to endangered orangutans, tigers and so much of the world’s biodiversity.
We were horrified to learn that so many of our store-bought products had palm oil lurking in their ingredients labels, sometimes in the form of SLSs, parabens, cetearyl alcohols, polysorbates and hundreds of other guises.
We decided that if we couldn’t find body & skincare that was free from these harmful and destructive ingredients, we would have to create it. We made it our mission to offer concerned consumers truly safe and effective products that don’t compromise on ethics.
Bloomtown’s multi-award-winning products are all expertly formulated, blended and poured in our workshop in gorgeous Cornwall.
We hope you love our creations as much as we do!
• Certified Vegan & Cruelty-Free
• No Sulphates
• No Parabens
• No PEGs
• No Petrochemicals
• No Phthalates
• No TEA/MEA/DEA
• No Synthetic Colours
• No SLS
Bloomtown Ethical Policies:
Bloomtown’s Palm Oil Policy
• Bloomtown does not use palm oil in any of its products.
• Bloomtown does not use any ingredient derived from palm oil.
Bloomtown’s Vegan / Animal Ingredients and Testing Policy
• Bloomtown does not use any animal-derived ingredients in any of its products or during any point of manufacture.
• Bloomtown does not test any ingredient or final product on animals.
• Bloomtown does not purchase any materials that have been tested on animals at any point during the manufacturing process.
• Bloomtown does not sell its products anywhere that requires animal testing.
Bloomtown’s Environmental Policy
• Bloomtown uses recycled/recyclable materials and packaging wherever possible in order to reduce its environmental impact.
• Bloomtown uses biodegradable packaging peanuts and bubble wrap to reduce its plastic waste.
Bloomtown’s Ethical Purchasing Policy
• Bloomtown purchases its materials and packaging from companies that have a fair trade / ethical workplace policy in place.
• Bloomtown does not purchase any supplies or materials that have been produced in sweatshops.
Bloomtown’s Green-Washing Policy
• Bloomtown aims to offer clear and scientifically accurate information about its products, avoiding meaningless catch phrases, buzzwords or other deliberately manipulative language that misleads or causes unfounded fear or worry in consumers.