AT DEMES, WE MAKE NATURAL, SAFE, NON-TOXIC PRODUCTS FOR EVERYDAY LIFE.
DEMES (Pronounced “deems”) is a family owned and operated business based in Ontario, Canada.
• We are members of the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics Business Network – advocating against the use of harmful ingredients that have been publicly labeled as “toxic”, “carcinogenic”, “hormone disrupting” and “cancer causing”.
• We are certified cruelty-free by the Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics’ (CCIC) Leaping Bunny Program
• We’re also partners with Humane Society International, proudly supporting the #BeCrueltyFree Canada campaign.
• We are members of the Handcrafted Soap & Cosmetic Guild – the only international non-profit trade association promoting the benefits of handcrafted soap and cosmetics. Working together to give a voice to our industry.
• We are trained and certified in GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) for Natural Health Products manufacturing
• Our products are handmade in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
EVERY PRODUCT HAS A PURPOSE. NO FLUFF. NO BS.
All of our products are inspired by our philosophy of “what goes on, goes in” and a desire to have safe, natural and environmentally friendly products, void in harmful ingredients and wasteful packaging.
Every product we make has a purpose. Every ingredient we use is to meet the purpose – not for fluff or fragrance.
• contain no synthetics, toxic chemicals or animal byproducts.
• are 100% natural; using only plant materials including butters, oils, essential oils and hydrosols
• are 100% Vegan; our ingredients contain no animals or animal byproducts (ie. beeswax, milk, egg, carmine)
• are registered with Health Canada (Cosmetic) and the U.S. FDA (Food and Drug Administration)
• are licensed by Health Canada as NHP – Hand Sanitizer
WHAT DOES DEMES MEAN?
We get this question a lot. Well, DEMES was founded in 2011 and is our family acronym: Daniel, Evan, Michelle, Erik, Skippy…DEMES.
DEMES IS CERTIFIED CRUELTY-FREE
ALL DEMES PRODUCTS ARE CERTIFIED CRUELTY-FREE BY LEAPING BUNNY.
DEMES is certified cruelty-free by the Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics’ (CCIC) Leaping Bunny Program. We adhere to Leaping Bunny’s Corporate Standard of Compassion for Animals, which Leaping Bunny requires companies to collect signed statements from their manufacturers and suppliers assuring all ingredients, formulations, and finished products are free of new animal testing; renew their commitment to a cruelty-free policy annually; and be open to independent audits to ensure compliance.
CORPORATE PARTNER WITH HUMANE SOCIETY INTERNATIONAL
Here at DEMES, we love cosmetics but we love animals too. Beauty with compassion has always been at the heart of our company, so that’s why we’re proudly supporting Humane Society International’s #BeCrueltyFree Canada.
Be Cruelty FreePart of a global cruelty free campaign. Be Cruelty-Free Canada is part of the global Be Cruelty-Free campaign, the largest campaign in the world to end cosmetics animal testing. Be Cruelty-Free is helping to achieve real change. Cosmetics animal testing is now banned across the 28 countries of the EU, including the UK, and throughout India and Israel. Elsewhere around the world, the suffering continues with cosmetics animal testing in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, India, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Russia, Taiwan and the United States. Raising awareness, Be Cruelty-Free works by raising consumer awareness about cosmetics animal testing and ethical shopping, and by engaging with policy makers, regulators and companies to change laws and practice to replace animal testing. Together we can end cosmetics cruelty once and for all.
OUR STRICT NO ANIMAL TESTING POLICY
DEMES has never tested our finished products or ingredients on animals or engaged another company to do so on our behalf. Our strict policy means that within our company and our supply chain, we do not tolerate animal testing.
TRYING TO CHANGE THE WORLD
Through working with Humane Society International, we have now gone one step further and pledged not to permit our products to be sold in countries such as China whilst they require additional new animal testing. We have also pledged not to use new ingredients that become available in the future unless their safety can be assessed entirely without animal testing. All of our products are suitable for vegans.With our ethical values we are proud to be able to work with amazing animal protection charities such as Humane Society International.