Life in the slow lane
The idea of Nude Label came to us while we were living in London. Its multiculturalism is what inspired us the most. The mix of faces, languages and ways of life coexisting together is what attracted us there. There was just one thing missing – the sun. It might sound silly but it is hard to live under the rain and surrounded by buildings when you are used to be outside under the sun.
Once we had the project clear on our minds, we decided to come back to Valencia, Spain, and start working on it. Located by the Mediterranean Sea and surrounded by mountains, the relaxed and easy-going lifestyle is the key in our designs. We locally create and make basic and long-lasting underwear and swimwear with sustainability and transparency at the core.
As we love mama earth, our goal is to make the least possible impact on the planet. We do also love the people living on it and that’s why ethics are so important to us.
Taking the best of both places, our pieces are made to be as natural as possible and to be worn like a second skin by all kind of people, not just for perfect models.
The Natural Dyes Project
• The Natural Dyes project is a blend of ancient dying techniques and modern technology.
• This collection is a culmination of months of research and development done in collaboration with AITEX Technological Textile Institute.
• They have helped us with developing unique colors for this collection.
• There are no two identical colors. Each color is unique, just like all the natural elements that gave it life.
Aitex uses the Ecofinish system to dye the garments. The Ecofinish system is capable of reducing the water impact and the carbon footprint generated, as well as the necessary energy. This is done by using only cold water in the dying process and adding only the amount of water and dye that the garments can absorb.
With this technology, it is possible to carry out more sustainable traditional processes. The color is not completely uniform and might have variations typical of the dying process, which are part of the piece and make them unique.
Soft, comfy and chemicals free
Since we started Nude Label, we have been searching for high quality organic cotton. We wanted to be sustainable, but it didn’t have any sense to make undies with low-quality organic cotton that was not going to last more than one season. That’s why we started to use great quality regular cotton. We think long-lasting garments that you can wear to death are the most sustainable ones. A couple of years ago we finally found our organic cotton supplier in Portugal. After making some samples and trying them on we fell in love.
They make soft, stunning, organic cotton certified with GOTS and OEKO-TEX 100 Standard. They are also members of the Better Cotton initiative.
Our organic cotton is grown with no pesticides, herbicides or harmful chemicals. Organic production maintains soil fertility, reduces the use of toxic and persistent pesticides and builds biologically diverse agriculture.
GOTS certifies all chemical inputs such as dyes used that must meet certain environmental and toxicological criteria. Also, a functional wastewater treatment plant is mandatory for any wet-processing unit involved and processors must comply with minimum social criteria. This ensures that the workers growing the cotton are receiving fair wages and good working conditions.
Closing the loop
For our recently added swimwear line, we are using a sustainable fabric made of ECONYL® regenerated Nylon.
High performance, compact, non-see-through, and super elastic, it ensures a perfect fit under any circumstances and follows the body in every move. Pilling and abrasion resistant, is designed to remain unaltered over time.
Curious about the process?
1. The ECONYL® Regenerating systems start with rescuing waste, like fishing nets, fabric scraps, carpet flooring and industrial plastic from landfills and oceans all over the world. That waste is then sorted and cleaned to recover all the nylon possible.
2. Through a radical regeneration and purification process, the nylon waste is recycled and right back to its original purity.
3. ECONYL® regenerated nylon is processed into textile yarn.
4. 82% of the ECONYL® recycled nylon is used to produce our fabric and it’s back to the sea again.
As sustainability and the welfare of the planet is at the core of our values as a company, we take our environmental responsibilities seriously and strive to reach these goals every day.
The Nude Label is accountable for this policy and will endeavor to deliver the Brand’s environmental strategy to reduce our environmental impact. The policy and its commitments are shown through our objectives, which are owned by The Nude Label team, and we support and strive for environmental improvement continually. Our objective is to prevent pollution, remain legal, and seek out and practice environmental opportunities.
Our core commitments are to:
• Reduce our waste, create sustainable, long-lasting products, and to use recycled or recyclable materials whenever possible. Continue to reduce our carbon footprint, and actively research and use alternative renewable energy solutions.
• Learn more about our existing products’ environmental impact and reduce it.
• Create and provide environmental training to help grow our team’s knowledge allowing our environmental performance to move forward.
We understand our activities have an impact on the natural environment, and our sustainable approach to creating and manufacturing will help us to recognize, reduce, and manage our impact throughout the supply chain.
Knowing and engaging with our suppliers is vital to our environmental strategy. And as we move forward, we will continue to oversee the use of our suppliers’ commitments. Providing legal, sustainable materials, reducing energy, waste, and water use are the most significant areas when working with suppliers.
Our commitment is to continually help our suppliers find opportunities for efficiency and demonstrate the sustainability of our products.
This environmental policy will be reviewed annually.